POSITION DESCRIPTION: Executive Director, Damariscotta Region Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Damariscotta Region Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to informing, promoting, and supporting our members in order to enhance the economic growth and development of the Pemaquid Peninsula and surrounding areas. With a fully renovated and centrally located historic building to serve as our resource hub in downtown Damariscotta, we are seeking a dedicated Executive Director who will continue our forward-momentum to lead our efforts in fostering a thriving community.
The Executive Director is hired by and is responsible to the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The director will be responsible for the day to day management of all the Chamber’s functions, carrying out policies and duties established by the Board.
The Executive Director’s key responsibilities will be:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a strategic vision for the chamber, aligning it with the needs and opportunities of the local business community.
- Financial Management: Manage the chamber’s budget and financial resources to ensure fiscal responsibility and sustainable growth.
- Membership Engagement: Foster strong relationships with chamber members, providing resources such as networking events, workshops, and advocacy initiatives to help them thrive, and promote membership retention and growth.
- Information Services: Leverage the newly restored and expanded historic Chamber building to serve as a central information hub for visitors and community members.
- Community Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with local organizations, government entities, and community leaders to promote a favorable business environment.
- Public Relations and Marketing: Oversee marketing and communication efforts, including website management, social media, e-newsletters, printed annual guide, and public relations activities.
- Volunteer Management: Lead, motivate, and manage volunteer staff, establishing a cohesive team to rely on for membership support, events, and fundraising efforts.
- Board Relations: Work closely with the Board of Directors to provide regular updates, guidance, and support in achieving the chamber’s mission.
- Previous experience preferred in a position at a chamber of commerce, or other similar civic, community or non-profit organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently, as well as organize and lead groups of volunteers.
- Possess general knowledge of business practices, operations and needs.
- Proficiency in the use of Internet, Social Media, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Website Maintenance, as well as other programs that assist in creating a professional image for the Chamber.
Application (cover letter & resume) deadline is Saturday, November 25, 2023.
Interviews will begin immediately after and conclude when the position has been filled.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Executive Director Position
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $40,000 – $50,000